Friday, November 16, 2007

Reality vs. Fantasy

Reality is the way things really are, and fantasy is the way that we wish they were.

Most people spend a lot of time fantasizing, or escaping reality in one way or another.

The reality is that life is hard, and people have problems.

The reality is that most people really don't care about anyone but themselves.

Reality is the passage of time.

Reality is laundry, food, and work.

Reality is not generally fun.

The reality is that there are few people in life with whom we can actually identify.

The reality is that life is difficult, and the afterlife is our hope.

The reality is that we must know God in order to reach the afterlife.

Fantasy doesn't pay, it only postpones the inevitable realization of reality.

Fantasy get us nowhere, but instead keeps us standing still.

Fantasy is delusion, and delusion is evil.

2 comments:

  1. What a painful place I hear in your words. Such struggle, such yearning. I keep you close in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is hard, it is difficult. Life is joyful and peaceful. I don't find delusion evil. Nor fantasy delusion unless I choose to live there all the time. Delusion can be my denial at the time to see the truth. To soften the blow of reality until I am strong enough to face the truth.JDA

    ReplyDelete