Thursday, September 11, 2008

ALL MY OWN

My troubles are my own doing,
I can not blame them on you, God.
From my decisions the dilemma comes,
For consequences match choices.

My God has no need to punish,
For the result of my own actions
Is enough to cause me pain,
I can not put the blame on you, God.

Perhaps my God is at fault
For doing nothing to save me
From these difficulties,
For leaving me to my sin?

My troubles are my own doing,
And if He saves or spares me
Then I will not learn,
My God knows this full well.

If anger overtakes me
As I suffer from my self-concern,
I’ll not direct it at my Lord
For my troubles are my own doing.

4 comments:

  1. How many times do we look to the heavens and ask
    scream
    cry
    "why?"
    It is within that we need to be looking, deep inside for our answers.
    For God is within us, as much as we are with in him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and when He is silent it frustrates us - but we are called to trust His wisdom and timing above our own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem was written in the style of the Psalms, or so I tried...

    ReplyDelete