Tuesday, February 19, 2008

BEYOND

I’m asking you to break my heart,
To shatter it and tear apart
The hardened fibers
Wound up tight
Around a core
That hides in fright
Of knowing what it may yet be
Uncovered and entirely free
To give and one day to receive
The love that you’ve designed for me
Apart from what I have believed
Or anything I can conceive –
That ministers in midst of grief
So burdensome and very deep
The soul would yearn for death to see
The face of heaven
Beyond flesh’s need.


KDC 2/08

2 comments:

  1. Are your burdens still so heavy?
    this just makes me ache....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lament, yes. A lamentation about the state of our hearts, so hardened and secluded although we fail to even realize it, replacing love with cordiality and intimacy with kindness. I did not intend to evoke heartache, only inspection and condiseration!

    ReplyDelete